Perhaps driven by the recent frenzy among grown men for Star Wars memories, I’ve decided I want to surround myself with with nostalgia amulets. By which I mean all my favorite girl books. Now the problem is that I Marie Kondo’d my life at 25, so I don’t own these any more.
I’m on a mission to restock my collection, and they all have to be the right edition (no ugly new covers). Here is my wish list.
- All my Alanna books. I’ve already ordered my first editions on Ebay. But now that I have tasted the sweet nectar of collecting, I want other weird editions too. Like this sexy one:
- ALL OF THE L.M. MONTGOMERY. Now this is tricky, because they are now public domain and thus publishers put out gorgeous new gift editions. So I haven’t decided whether I want the 80s ones or the pretty ones. Same issue with Luisa May Alcott, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Maud Hart Lovelace.
- The Mists of Avalon. Now the trick here is to find one of the paperbacks that does not say “Now a TNT miniseries.”
- I want all the Nancy Drews. My mom has already gotten into this particular fetish so I’m hoping we can do this as a family project.
- Juniper. This is such a beautiful book cover that I would also like a framed print. Or this amazing tattoo.
6. All of the Madeline L’Engle books with the original weird 80s covers.